CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

17 February 2012

Nursing Cover


If feel like I have been sewing like mad these past few weeks, what with making my car seat canopy, diaper/wipes holder and the Captain CTR cape....now I'm adding on my nursing cover!  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I know, I didn't make it to match the car seat canopy, but I needed material that was a little thicker and a lighter colour too.  So I decided to stick with green and do something that I can use with a girl or a boy.

I actually used this website for the tutorial as my guide: http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2010/06/nursing-cover-tutorial.html

However, I did do my own additions like a backing and the edging on the front of my cover.  Which I have to admit, I just made up on the spot, so I really don't have instructions as such. But I can give you a rough guide below the pictures. (As I think the cover actually looks pretty with these additions, but the other way works just fine and you're right who would actually know that there is a backing to the cover apart from you and your baby!)











Additional things you will need for Backing and Front Edging

~ 1/4 yard of material (this can also be used for the strap if you wish)
~ 3/4 yard of backing material

Instructions for Front Edging

~ Cut the front material 18" x 33" (instead on 28" x 38")
~ Cut side edging 5" x 28"
~ Cut bottom edging 38" x 5"
~ Sew them all together

Instructions for Backing

~ At the top of the front material sew your boning (the wrong way round)
~ Fold over the top material again and pin it down with the backing material (right sides together)
~ Make sure you attach the straps in the middle of you material too (as shown on the directions on the website)
~ Once everything is pinned, sew together and iron

I hope these steps make sense?  I understand them, but some may not, so please contact me if you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment