CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

14 February 2012

Mailbox


For Primary this week I made a Primary mailbox with notes in for the children.  I did something slightly different for the Junior Primary as I did the Senior Primary.




Inside the envelopes were these little hearts.  This is what I did for Junior and Senior Primary:

Junior Primary

I did the song: If your happy and you know it, but with different words.  As we were learning Choose the Right song, I thought I would have a break from that song and do these words to go with the theme:

To show I Choose the Right, I.....(go to church, say my prayers, read the scriptures....)
To show I Choose the Right, I.....
I know the Saviours way
And it shows in what I say.
To show I Choose the Right, I....

On each of the hearts it finished off the sentence to the song.

As you may see from the picture above the words were covered up by gold paint and the children had to scratch it off, like I scratch card.  I will give instructions below how to make the scratch off paint.

Senior Primary

As the Senior Primary know a lot more songs, I kept it very simple and put different 'love' songs on each heart.

They too had to scratch off the paint to find out what song they were doing to sing.  The scratch paint went down really well.

How to make scratch off Paint you need:

~ Dishwasher liquid
~ Small bowl
~ Paint (in the colour you want)
~ Paint brush
~ Clear sticky back plastic

Instructions

~ 1 tbsp of dishwasher liquid
~ 2 tbsp of paint
~ Mix together
~ Cover the words you want to be hidden with the clear sticky back plastic
~ Paint over the clear sticky back plastic
~ Leave to dry and coat again if needed

Note: If you want larger amounts just make sure you use a 1 to 2 ratio (eg. 1 cup dishwasher liquid to 2 cups paint.)

No comments:

Post a Comment