CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

13 February 2012

Conducting Elephant

So this isn't an original idea and I have still to put a trunk on my Eddie Elephant, but I thought I would share the idea again.

I use this elephant for my Primary music calling to teach the children about conducting.  So far they have all learnt how to conduct a 2/2 and 3/4 beat.  I have 148 in my primary and so not everyone gets a turn to conduct with Eddie, but they still love to see others do it too. (It even goes down well with Senior Primary!)



To make Eddie Elephant you will need:

~ White Card or foam board
~ Grey & Pink acrylic paint
~ Black Marker
~ Sharp knife (for cutting out the whole)
~ Grey sock or felt material
~ Hot Glue Gun

Instructions

~ First draw your elephant. Some people have opted for just the head, but I prefer the whole body.
~ Paint
~ Outline with black marker
~ Cut a 4/5 inch whole where the trunk would be
~ Get a sock (if you are using a piece of felt you will need to sew the 2 sides together before gluing it to the card.  I prefer the sock!) and hot glue the edge of the sock to the back side of the elephant. You will need a lot of glue so it doesn't come off.
~ And voila....you have a conducting elephant!

No comments:

Post a Comment