CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

16 February 2012

Edible Arrangement

I've always wanted to give an edible arrangement a go and so I thought that Valentines Day was the perfect opportunity!  Mine didn't turn out too bad, but if you would like it to look more professional I would suggest, more fruit and a non-clear vase.  (I'm sure there are other things to make it look better too, but my imagination doesn't stretch that far these days...I am almost 9 months pregnant after all! :))


I kept mine simple and only did strawberries and pineapple, but you can do any fruit you like!  Mango, kiwi, banana, melon, let your imagination go wild.

To make an edible arrangement you will need:

~ Fruit of your choice
~ Skewer sticks
~ Heart shape cookie cutter
~ Vase
~ Chocolate (optional)
~ Nuts, coconut (optional)
~ String
~  Decorative ribbon or anything else you would like

Instructions

~ Wash your fruit
~ Make your heart shaped fruit, but cutting pineapple slices and then use cookie cutter to make the shape
~ Put fruit on your skewers
~ Dip some of your fruit in chocolate and then the nuts or coconut
~ Let chocolate dry
~ Arrange fruit in vase working from the centre outwards (pretty much like when you arrange flowers!)
~ Decorate vase with ribbon or put a label on etc....

Done!  Have fun making your own creations.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment