CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

08 June 2012

Handbag

So I wanted to make something 'original' for my mum for Mother's Day this year, and for anyone who knows my lovely mum, she adores big accessories, including handbags. So I decided to try my hand at making her a bag this year and it was surprisingly easier than I thought.  I didn't even use a pattern!  I saw a picture of the bag I wanted to create and with my little knowledge of sewing, went for it!
This is how it turned out.




To make a ruffle bag you will need:

~ 1 yard of outter material
~ 1 yard of lining (I used duck cloth material so it was more study, but any fabric will work!)
~ 2 bag handles (I got mine from JoAnnes)
~ 1 Magnetic bag clip (I used a clip on one, but sew on works just as well)
~ Scissors
~ Matching thread
~ Sewing machine

Instructions

I used the instructions from here and tweaked them a little....but it gives you the idea!

http://lamaisonreid.blogspot.com/2010/08/burlap-purse-with-shabby-rose.html

No comments:

Post a Comment